Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel- Nairobi Holidays
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel- Nairobi, Nairobi Hotel, Luxury Resort Hotel in Kenya, Fairmont The Norfolk, Kenya Luxury Tours,
CATEGORY (Ministry of Tourism Classification):
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be the best-known luxury hotel in Nairobi, Kenya. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which still has its own private tropical gardens.
Fairmont The Norfolk, a luxury Nairobi hotel, was expanded in 1999 and subsequently renovated in time for its centennial celebrations in 2004.
Opened in 1904 thus occupies a unique place in the history of Nairobi with generations of unfailing luxurious style evident in the old elegant rickshaws, ox-carts and vintage cars standing in the well manicured gardens amongst modern luxurious facilities.
Fairmont Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi's finest and best-known luxury hotel. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.
Fairmont is a leader in the global hospitality industry, with a distinctive collection and a worldwide reputation for excellence. Our diverse portfolio includes historic icons, elegant resorts and modern city center properties. From the beaches of Hawaii and Bermuda to the heart of New York City, all of our hotels offer a superior guest experience that is uniquely ''Fairmont".
All guest rooms are luxuriously furnished, have plush carpeting and deep velour soft furnishings. The guest rooms all have bedside lamps, dressing tables, and built-in wardrobes, besides luggage racks. Every room has a telephone and telephone directory, direct dialling facilities, a television linked to satellite dish, electrical mosquito repellent and air conditioning.
LOCATION: In Nairobi, 30 minutes from Jomo Kenyatta airport.
ROOMS: Total of 167 rooms with 35
doubles and 132 twins rooms divided as:
Acacia Wing 44 rooms divided into 35 deluxe Suites, 04 Executive Suites each with a lounge;05 double VIP Suites with separate sitting room, an extra bath and dressing room
Karura Wing 26 rooms - 03 Suites (each with 01 twin and 01 double) and 23 standard twins
Delamere 44 rooms - 18 standard twins, 10 standard doubles, 08 pairs (16 rooms) ofinter-connecting rooms (15 twins and 01 double)
Kijabe Wing 18 rooms – (06 ordinary rooms and 12 Studio Suites) and 1937 Block (08 ordinary rooms).
Mugumo 27 rooms - 07 split-levelled Duplex Suites (02 doubles, 05 twins), 20 standard rooms (7 doubles and 13 twins).
Room décor: Luxurious modern comfortable rooms with beautiful but dull colours
Room amenities: All rooms have private bathrooms with shower, mini-bar, television and radio and direct dial telephone.
Special feature: Historical, luxurious and within access to all points of Nairobi.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE FACILITIES
Four impressive Restaurants offering first class cuisine and three bars:-
• The Ibis Grill – Elegant venue, perfect for business lunch or romantic dinner
• The Lord Delamere Restaurant – Serves breakfast and buffet meals
• The Lord Delamere Terrace and Bar – ideal meeting point, open 0900-2300, serves snacks and light meals
• The Lord Delamere Patio
• The Poolside bar – snacks and drinks are available
• The Hibiscus Coffee Lounge and Bar
• Room Service
• 220-240 V Electricity and Back-up Generator
• Access for physically disabled and baby Sitting facilities and cots
• Bureau De Change
• Central Booking Office for Lonrho Hotels Kenya
• Bureau De Change and use of Credit Cards
• Direct Dial Telephones In Rooms
• Hairdressing Salon
• Hair-Dryers and adapters available
• Hotel Clinic and Hotel Shops
• Laundry/Dry Cleaning and shoe cleaning services
• Lunch Boxes Available
• Safety Deposit Boxes
• Comprehensive business centre for secretarial services
• Beauty and health Club with a gym
• National Theatre close-by
• Business Centre
• The Norfolk Health AND Fitness Centre
• Heated Swimming Pool
• Newspapers and Magazine stand
• The North and South Ballroom – Capacity 175 theatre style, air-conditioned,
• The Tinga Tinga Room – Capacity 65 theatre style, ideal for exhibitions, cocktails and luncheons
• The Pioneer Room – capacity 35 theatre style, ideal for small groups, seminars or smaller events
• Poolside Patio – ideal for cocktail parties of about 80 and gala dinner of about 100
• Full range of assorted audio-visual modern equipment.
CLIMATE: Warm days average 24°C with cooler nights. June - July are colder months average 18°C and March - June have long rains while October - December short rains